Monday, July 30, 2007

Alex Robichaud Extra Credit




Six trusting college men have been living in Springfield for three years now. These guys never lock the doors, and they welcome anyone to walk into their home without knocking. But their open-door policy may have to change due to a break-in and attempted theft that occurred last week.
“I was sitting in my room, which is right next to the only entrance into our house, and the next thing I knew a man ran down our stairs and slammed the door. I looked out my window to see him get into his old van and peel off,” said Ryan Beitler, Nixa, junior.



The man never said anything to the residents; he was not in the house for more than a few minutes.
“I never actually saw the guy. I don’t even know if he stole anything. There are a few DVDs missing, but we aren’t sure if we lost those before the break-in,” said Sam Bohling, Blue Springs, senior.
The residents have always been a trusting group, and they decided not to file a police report since they are not sure anything was stolen.
“It kind of sucks. We always had the house that any of our friends could just show up to and hang out, even if we weren’t there. Only a couple of us even had keys, let alone used them. We are probably going to have to start locking the door,” said Caleb Ebel, Blue Springs, senior.


The neighborhood around the house on National has not had any break-ins, but everyone has been given a description of the attempted burglar. A friend and neighbor, Savannah James, 29, remains on the look-out.
“Ryan came over and told me about the guy. I told all my roommates to be on the look-out for a 5’9” black man in a beat up, white Astro van, but we are hoping it was an isolated incident.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home